The ability to summarize and paraphrase is crucial for academic writing. They will almost always be there to assist you in providing facts and analysis from the past to back up your assertions. As a result, how well they are written using corrective English software can greatly influence the grades you ultimately receive for your essays, reports, and papers.
How to Summarize
You might wonder about summarizing the content for convenient reading for the readers. However, not all summary tools would be easy to handle. Most of them might not work to meet your specific needs. Such tools would change the meaning of the content after summarizing. They would not be worth your time and effort.
What should you expect from the best summary tool?
Writing a summary requires distilling a lengthy book down to its key elements, or the core concepts that flow throughout it. Summaries should be no longer than one-third of the original text, at most. Want to create an effective summary? Briefly, here’s how to do it:
- First, skim the text.
- As you read, look for the topic phrases and underline the key ideas.
- When outlining or writing your summary, use the main points as a guide and concentrate on the overall meaning of the book rather than highlighting specific passages.
Writing the precise thoughts in a body of text in your own words is known as paraphrasing. It serves as an alternative to direct quotations and is frequently a crucial component of longer summaries.
Do you want to craft an effective paraphrase? Briefly, here’s how to do it:
- Summarize your key arguments in a lengthy document, taking care to include all supporting details such as examples, figures, and supporting data.
- Using this list, elaborate on the issue while carefully adhering to the information included in the original paper – neither more nor less.
- Make sure correct credit is given by using reporting verbs and phrases.
- Use quotation marks to emphasize any unusual words that were used in the original text.
To sum it up
When you summarize the content, you should look for the best tool for the job. It would be in your best interest to look for the right tool to meet your specific requirements. The summary tool you intend to use should be competent to handle your specific content and summarize it without changing the meaning of the content.