If you are planning on launching a website for the first time, you will come across many new terms and technologies that you have not used before. Right from creating the website to making it available online, there are several new concepts that a site owner needs to understand. Of these, web hosting is a crucial aspect. In this article, we will offer a detailed guide to help you understand website hosting and touch upon the options available to you like Shared Website Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Dedicated Server Hosting, VPS Hosting, etc.
What is Web Hosting?
You can create a website on a computer that is not connected to the internet. However, if you want to make it available to online users, then it needs to be stored on a web server. As a site owner, you can either purchase a web server and host it in-house or rent it from a web hosting provider. This allows you to make your site available online.
There are many types of hosting services available, like Shared Hosting, VPS Hosting, Dedicated Server Hosting, etc. Each of these hosting types offers certain pros and cons and should be chosen based on the hosting needs of your site. You can also choose between Windows and Linux Hosting services within each of these hosting types. While Shared Linux Hosting with cPanel is usually preferred by site owners due to its affordability, the choice depends on your comfort and what your site needs.
How to choose the perfect web hosting plan?
Here are some factors that you must consider to find the perfect web hosting plan for your site:
- Maximum uptime assurance – Look for hosting companies that offer 99.9%+ uptime assurance with the hosting plans.
- Credibility of the hosting company – While newer hosting companies can offer unparalleled services, there is no track record. On the other hand, an established company can offer services up to a certain quality level.
- Security measures to keep the server secure – Website security is important to gain and maintain customer trust and SEO scores.
- Automatic backup service – A website backup is essential to ensure uninterrupted site services if the data is lost due to an error or security breach. While site owners should take backups themselves, having a hosting plan with a backup service widens the safety net.
- 24×7 customer support – Web hosting is a technical process. Ensure that the provider offers a technical support team available around the clock to manage any glitches.
- Scalability of resources – As the site grows, traffic increases. Hence, you might need additional resources to manage growth. Look for a plan that offers resource scalability as well as the ease to migrate to a more powerful hosting server.
Ensure that you consider the type of site that you plan to launch, the traffic volume that you expect, storage and bandwidth requirement, budget, etc. before choosing the hosting plan.
Remember, the performance of your site is hugely impacted by that of the web hosting server. If you are launching a new website and looking for the best Linux Hosting in India on a Shared Server, then ensure that you understand what your site needs before making the purchase. It is important to choose the right plan since your site’s performance and success will depend on it.
If you are planning to opt for Shared Hosting for your website, check out the following video for a detailed guide to Shared Website Hosting: