Are you looking for ways to get more comments on your Facebook posts? If yes, then you’ve come to the right place.
Getting people to engage with your posts and page is very important. However, it is easier said than done.
If you don’t get engagements from real people, Facebook won’t give your page any priority. When people interact with your page or posts, Facebook take it as a quality signal.
This simply means that the more people interact with your post, the more views you’ll be awarded by Facebook. More people will get to see your next business update. Then more, and more, and…You get the gist.
Now, how do you get users to leave comments on your posts? We have outlined three beautiful ways that can help you achieve this.
1. OPEN AND CLOSED QUESTIONS
Questions are simply one of the best ways to engage people. Whether it’s real life, blog, or Facebook, questions will stimulate people to start and hold a discussion.
This is due to a natural human reflex known as the instinctive elaboration. This human reflex forces us to consider the question and start looking for an answer.
Now, you just don’t want your readers to stop and take a look at your questions. You want them to engage with your questions. This is why you must make sure your questions are engaging.
There’s no specific recipe for an engaging question. This is due to the fact that every business and/or page has its own unique audience.
However, there are some guidelines that can help you determine the questions to ask your followers. Good questions that are bound to force your followers to engage with your post should be:
- Easy – Your followers do not have to think for a long time before answering your question. Additionally, it should be a question that is bound to generate an emotional or impulsive answer.
- Trendy – Let your questions revolve around a hot or trendy topic.
- Open – Your questions should allow for an open-ended discussion.
Ensure that the questions you ask your followers are not:
- Political – Except you are looking to cause a controversy or lose some of your readers.
- Rhetorical, Complicated, or Philosophical – Questions with these qualities usually require too much thinking. Also, no one likes feeling like a dummy. So don’t be too smart with your followers.
- Loaded – Loaded questions have answers in them already.
2. CREATE FILL IN THE BLANK POSTS
Asking your followers to fill in the blank on a statement or question is one easy way to get comments.
Fill in the blank posts are seen as fun and engaging. And who doesn’t like having fun? Yes, no one! Additionally, this question type do not require too much thinking.
3. COMMENT BATTLE
Comment battles can give you the engagement you want. All you have to do is pit two opposing sides against each other.
David Jones, senior engagement at Chit Chat Agency said, “We use comment battles to increase engagement with our clients’ chatbots, it’s a very effective strategy.”
Ask them to leave a comment for their favorite or why one is better than the other, and voila, your comment section becomes crowded with comments.
For instance, you can pit dog lovers and cat lovers together. Ask them why they feel cats are better than dogs or why dogs are better than cats.
Fans of both pets will clash in your comment section, which is bound to make your post go viral.