Here are some tips in securing your wireless network from hackers.
Are you having problems with those intruders in your wireless network? Have you ever wished to put a stable security system for your network so that people will no longer leech on its services? Well, that’s not a problem anymore. We are providing you with these helpful tips in securing your wireless network.
1. You have to position strategically your antenna in a place where the signal is restricted to go further than the area required. Do not place the antenna near to a window, place it in the central location of the building instead.
2. Use a Wireless encryption protocol (WEP) to effectively encrypt traffic on a wireless network. You should never skip this encryption so that hackers will not get any opportunity to access to the traffic. This technique is the customary technique done in securing a wireless network.
3. SSID or the Service Set Identifier is the recognition thread utilized by the wireless access point that enables the customers to start accessing connections. In order to secure your wireless network, you may change the SSID by choosing an exclusive and unique SSID. You may add the disabling of broadcast SSID over the antenna. The result of this is that it will hide your network in the listings offered while it still provides services to you.
4. You can also disable your DHCP so that hackers can’t easily enter your network.
5. You may also change or disable your private and public community SNMP settings. This way hacker will find difficulty in getting your information on your wireless network.
6. If employing an access list is supported by your access point, then you may utilize this as additional security for your network.
Lastly, if some of the terms and ideas are not familiar to you, you may ask someone whom you think knowledgeable on this subject. But be careful and ask only someone whom you trust.