Originally developed for iOS, the Samurai ІІ: Vengeance is confirmed to launch in Android market early 2011, the developer; Madfinger Games announced that it will be available for Android shortly.
The tweet from the Developer reads:
“MADFINGER Games is proud to announce Samurai II: Vengeance for Android devices will be released early next year!!”
Samurai II is a visually opulent action game set in feudal Japan, where you – as the titular sword-bearing knight – must fight your way through hordes of enemies.
Built using Unity3D, Samurai II: Vengeance features some great looking top-down 3D comic style graphics and blends the action gaming genre with some RPG elements such as upgrading your Samurai’s health, buying new combos you can use and upgrade them. It also throws in a bit of puzzle solving just to make sure nothing is too easy or hack-and-slash.
Features of Samurai ІІ: Vengeance:
- Intuitive virtual joystick ensures you’re slicing up baddies, not swiping the screen.
- Dynamic camera finds the best perspective for each encounter, adding variety while keeping focused on the action.
- Tense, quick and gory battle sequences! Battle hordes of on-screen enemies wielding new weapons and sporting unique abilities. Stay nimble and plan your attacks – roll out of harm’s way and eliminate ranged enemies like the Samurai Archer before they can strike.
- Improved gameplay includes new features. Solve environmental puzzles, avoid dangerous traps, and discover useful items. The fight is on – not to worry, the combat never takes a back seat to platforming or fetch-quests.
- RPG elements reward skilled players – upgrade the Samurai’s health, buy new attack combos and upgrade them to devastating levels.
- Between levels, gorgeous anime-style comic panels tell the samurai’s tale with original hand-drawn artwork.
- New survival mode pits the samurai against waves of enemies, giving hardcore players a score-attack mode to hone their skills. Two games in one!
- Advanced AI system on par with console games. Goal Oriented Action Planning architecture is used in many PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 games.
- Samurai II is developed on the Unity 3D 3.0 engine, the latest technology available on mobile devices.
- Original soundtrack – in classic samurai movie style, soft music builds with the heat of battle.