MuscleNerd of the iPhone Dev Team has tweeted that they will be released Ultrasn0w for iOS 4.2. Before you start unlocking your Apple device using UltraSn0w you need to jailbreak your device and baseband (modem firmware) should be on 04.26.08, 05.11.07, 05.12.01, 05.13.04 or 01.59. After unlocking your iPhone, you will be able to use your phone with any GSM carrier of your choice.
For newer iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 users, this version currently requires a computer to boot into the jailbroken state. The iPhone Dev-Team is working with @comex on a fix that would untether the iPhone 4 jailbreak once and for all. Unlockers can expect a new version of ultrasn0w for the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS as early as next week. The iPhone 4 comes out of the box with a brand new 2.10.04 baseband so you’ll have to wait a little more until hackers figure it out and modify ultrasn0w in order to also unlock the latest iPhone model running iOS 4.1 or iOS 4.2
All recent iOS devices can be jailbroken thanks to a combination of past exploits including pwnage2, arm7_go, 24kpwn, and geohot’s limera1n. The current jailbreak solution will work until Apple updates the iPhone hardware.
Here is what you have to do to unlock your iPhone 4.1 using UltraSn0w. This will work for the iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, and iPhone 3G.
- Step 1: Make sure you’re still on iOS 4 or iOS 4.0.1.
- Step 2: Jailbreak your iPhone using PwnageTool.
- Step 3: Go to Cydia and search for UltraSn0w. Download and install UltraSn0w.
- Step 4: Reboot your iPhone. Done.
Our users have shown interest in:
- iOS 4 2 1 firmware or 4 2 firmware using ultrasn0w
- ultrasnow download ipod touch 4 2 1
- ultrasnow jailbreak for ipod 4 2 1