Trimble, the world leader in outdoor rugged computing, brings you the new Yuma rugged tablet PC, able to withstand even your challenging work environment. Safeguard your software and data in the face of dust, sand, mud, humidity and extreme temperature. If this sounds like your everyday outdoor rugged reality, take a closer look at the Trimble Yuma rugged tablet computer. See how easy it is to conduct inspections, collect information, capture photos and communicate with headquarters, all with the assurance that your data is protected.
Technically it’s more like a rugged UMPC (ultra-mobile PC) although it is missing the rudimentary keyboards such units often have below the display. The Yuma measures 9.0 x 5.5 inches, is two inches thick, and weighs 2.6 pounds with standard dual batteries. The sunlight-readable display measures 7.0 inches diagonally and offers WVGA resolution, which means 1024 x 600 pixel in the by now almost ubiquitous wide aspect ratio format. This is the same format used by tens of millions of netbooks, though their displays are most often in the 9-inch range and larger. On the processor side, the Yuma is powered by an Intel Atom Z530 CPU running at 1.6GHz. This is a supremely power-efficient chip with a thermal design power of just 2.3 watts. That’s less than a tenth of your average notebook chip, and less than one eighth of Intel’s most recent ultra low voltage Core i7 processor. The Z530 works in conjunction with the Intel “Poulsbo” chipset, making for an extraordinarily power-efficient combo, making it possible for the Yuma to run without a noisy, trouble-prone fan.
With just this one computer you can do the following,
- Collect and exchange data—lots of data
- Transfer data in real-time
- Run reports
- Receive dispatch orders on the road
- Take geo-tagged photographs
- Map your networked assets or update their condition
- Send email
- Find your way out of the forest
For connectivity, the Yuma has 802.11b/g WiFi and Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR, GPS (of course), and not one but two integrated cameras that are both capable of geotagging, i.e. attach GPS coordinates to images taken. The machine has a 34-pin ExpressCard slot as well as an SDIO slot, both sealed but externally accessible. There are also two USB 2.0 ports, a standard DB-9 RS232 serial port, and a docking port.
The Trimble Yuma Rugged Tablet is designed to be fully functional in the most challenging work environments — especially the outdoors. With the Trimble Yuma, conducting inspections, collecting data and information, capturing geo-tagged photographs, communicating with headquarters, and real-time transferring of data is made easy — all with the peace of mind that your important information is protected from dust, sand, mud, humidity, and temperature extremes by the Yuma tablet’s rugged magnesium alloy shell. It also comes with an IP67 rating, meaning the Yuma tablet PC is completely sealed against dust, and can survive immersion in up to a meter of water for 30 minutes!
- Outdoor rugged tablet design complies with MIL-STD-810F and IP67 standards for drops, vibration, humidity, altitude, and temperature extremes
- Sunlight viewable 7″ touchscreen display for easy viewing in all lighting conditions
- Integrated wireless capabilities including GPS, WiFi 802.11b/g, and Bluetooth for easy connection to other devices, networks, and the Internet
- Expandability options that include compact flash slots for more devices, a secure digital memory slot, and two USB 2.0 host ports
- Dual hot-swappable Lithium-ion batteries to reduce downtime
- 12-month limited warranty
To buy TDS Trimble Yuma Rugged Tablet PC, Click Here.
Our users have shown interest in:
- Rugged tablet
- tablet pc for inspections