Pro Tools 9 redefines the world’s most popular, most advanced music and audio production platform with a completely re-architected, open version of Pro Tools software, giving you what you asked for—and so much more. Work with an audio interface—or without. Create bigger, better-sounding mixes with more tracks, Automatic Delay Compensation, and other pro features included as standard. Open your workflow to projects created in other audio and video software—and to the entire Avid Artist Series and Pro Series (formerly Euphonix) console/controller line. With Pro Tools 9, you can compose, record, sequence, edit, and mix the way you want—in more ways than ever.
The main features of the software includes:
- Get the flexibility of using Pro Tools 9 with your favorite Avid audio interface or third-party Core Audio- or ASIO-compatible interface—or use Pro Tools 9 completely standalone for easy on-the-go creation.
- Develop larger, more complex projects, with up to 96 or 192* simultaneous audio tracks, 128 instrument tracks, 512 MIDI tracks, 256 internal busses, and 160 aux tracks.
- Work efficiently and get the best sonic results with Automatic Delay Compensation, multitrack Beat Detective, full Import Session Data dialog, DigiBase Pro, and other separately priced add-ons—now standard.
- Team up with other creators, editors, and mixers easily—with built-in OMF/AAF/MXF file interchange support, you can exchange projects created in other audio and video software with Pro Tools and vice-versa.
- Along with C|24 and ICON, you can now use Avid Artist Series and Pro Series consoles and controllers to enhance your editing and mixing workflow, thanks to added EUCON integration.
- Expand your post production capabilities with powerful features now included as standard, such as the Time Code Ruler, OMF/AAF/MXF interchange, variable stereo pan depths, and updated 7.1 surround panner.