According to the weekly Media Create sales reports, Call of Duty: Black Ops is the number one selling game in Japan. The Japanese port of the game isn’t the record-setting phenomenon that it is here in the U.S. and in Europe, but it still managed to do over 160K in it’s first week, outselling its closets competition by over 100K.
Ranked separately, the PS3 version was first overall while the 360 version was in seventh place. Square Enix published the game in Japan on 360 and PS3 with subtitles though dubbed versions will also be released in December. Initial sales of the new Call of Duty have already surpassed those of Modern Warfare 2, making Black Ops the single most successful entertainment product launch in history.
The full Top 10 Games chart in Japan,
1. Call of Duty: Black Ops (PS3) – 128,922
2. Super Fossil Fighters (DS) – 42,829
3. Pokemon Black/Pokemon White (DS) – 39,883
4. Super Mario All-Stars (Wii) – 38,219
5. Tactics Ogre (PSP) – 37,350
6. Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 (PSP) – 35,500
7. Call of Duty: Black Ops (360) – 30,279
8. Tongari boushi to maho no omise (DS) – 24,918
9. Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 (PS3) – 22,383
10. Record of Agarest War 2 (PS3) – 20,889