As E-Commerce is becoming increasingly popular now, and online sales are projected to rise steadily in the future. Due to such reasons, companies like Hostway and Zeus Technology have conducted an ingenious study that highlights the negatives of e-commerce in the world today.
The survey took samples from over 2,000 U.K. consumers and analyzed their online shopping habits. And It found:
- The average British online shopper spends an average of 2.5 days per year waiting for websites to load.
- In waiting for sites to load, many potential customers abandon their shopping carts, which results in approximately $8.5 billion in lost sales.
- Of the over 5 transactions abandoned per person over the last 12 months, 46% of consumers blame their actions on slow load time.
- 24% of online shoppers abandoned carts due to advertising annoyances.
- 16% abandoned carts due to faulty navigation.
- 13% jumped ship as a result of poor internal linking structures.